Campaigning and Promoting
- GM Walking Hub GM Walking is a programme, launched by GM Moving*, to make "Greater Manchester a Walking City Region". GM Walking supports the Daily Mile, Walking to school programmes, community and workplace initiatives. *GM Moving is a public-sector-funded body responsible for taking forward the plan to increase physical activity in GM.
- GM Walking Voice An organisation established to provide a collective voice for walking in Greater Manchester and to seek to influence key policy developments with the Mayor, Commissioner and Combined Authority. The steering group of the Voice includes the GM Area Ramblers, Living Streets, Sustrans, TfGM and City of Trees, and has a growing membership of individuals and organisations.
- Walk Ride GM A social-media-based pressure group aimed at promoting cycling and everyday walking in Greater Manchester. Includes a growing number of hyper-local groups like WalkRideDeansgate, WalkRideChorlton, etc.
- Petition to help preserve the Lake District from 4x4s and motorbikes.
- Crowd Funding Site by the Green Lanes Environmental Action Movement to stop 4x4s and motorbikes ruining the beauty of the Lake District.
- North West Transport Activists Roundtable (NW TAR)
Stepping Out for Carers
Jack Coupe has written again about a day out walking, this time in Alexandra Park. To read his blog, click here.
Do you have a Concessionary Travel Pass?
If you have a TfGM-issued pension-age concessionary pass or a Women's Concessionary Travel pass, to continue to benefit from unlimited off-peak travel on trams and trains in Greater Manchester after 1st February 2020, you will need to pay an annual £10 fee. To find out more, visit the TfGM website here.