Welcome to the Manchester Coach Rambles Group home page
Our coach trips are open to both members of The Ramblers and non-members. After a trial of 3 coach trips non-members should then join membership of The Ramblers (click here).
Coach departs at 8.50am prompt from Chorlton Street, Manchester, opposite the Coach Station, Britannia Hotel side.
- Coach trip every fortnight on Sundays.
- Destinations include Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorks Moors, North Wales, Peak District, The Wirral, Lancashire, Staffordshire and Shropshire.
- Pick up at the following locations, depending on the destination:
- Via Prestwich - for destinations North, e.g. the Lake District and Yorkshire:
- Sedgley Park - bus stop just past junction with George Street.
- Prestwich - Prestwich Village, bus stop between Clifton Road and Chester Street.
- Via Stockport – for destinations South, e.g. the Peak District:
- Levenshulme - junction of A6 and Albert Road (near Levenshulme rail station).
- Stockport - Town Hall.
- Hazel Grove - opposite the Rising Sun public house.
- Via Altrincham - for destinations South West, e.g. Wales and Shropshire:
- Stretford - opposite the Gorse Hill public house.
- Sale - The Vine public house.
- Altrincham - opposite The Orange Tree.
- Up to 4 led walks by experienced volunteer walk leaders at destination:
- A Walk, 13-15 miles.
- B Walk, 11-13 miles.
- C Walk, 9-11 miles.
- D Walk, 6-8 miles.
- Members can do their own private walks at destinations.
- Departure times: 5.30pm (Winter trips) 6.00pm (Summer trips).
- Cost varies depending on destinations, currently no more than £15 for a coach excursion.
- Advance booking ONLY.
See Current Programme of Coach Excursions
For more information and to book your place on the coach
0161 736 8710